Spare cartridge nozzles

Does anyone sell spare nozzles for standard sealant/caulk/silicone/no-more-nails-type cartridges? I have loads that are either hardened beyond unblocking, split or cut too far down.

Reply to
LSR

I recall seeing a load on ebay. A tradesman who is going through loads of tubes will often chuck most of the nozzles away and keep transfering the one he's already cut to new tubes. I assumed that's where the ones on ebay came from.

In the case of the silicone sealant, push a woodscrew into the back of the nozzle when you've finished using it. Next time, just pull it out and it will bring out the set silicone in one piece, leaving a nice clean nozzle again. Might work with some of the other substances too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hi

Screwfix have them, but they're a softer (arguably poorer for certain tasks) plastic than the ones that always seem to come with new tubes.

In retail outlets you always get one nozzle neatly attached to each cartridge (well you don't, but manufacturer intends that you should...). In trade outlets it isn't always this way (the supplier may send a box of 24 tubes with a bag of 24 nozzles), so you could try asking at the local Jewson, etc.

It's also not unknown for the tubes to get damaged at Homebase, etc, so there may be a few nozzles destined to never be used sitting in the warehouse's returns bin if you can find the right member of staff.

HTH IanC

Reply to
Ian Clowes

I got some in Lidl yesterday. They were 19p each and came with a tube of silicone sealant.

Reply to
dennis

Wow. Real silicone?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Do they make unreal silicone sealant?

Reply to
dennis

Unfortunately, yes (IMO, before I'm involved in proceedings).

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Well it smells of acetic acid when it cures so its probably real.

Reply to
dennis

You would need to watch Property Ladder to determine that.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Good start - however, there's a neutral cure silicone, which does not smell of vinegar, and various admixtures that may be found... These can cause problems to someone who buys the stuff tghinking it's just silicone "sealer".

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Well I wouldn't use it to make an aquarium as the fungicide might be detrimental to the fish.

Reply to
dennis

I'm not knocking it, I'm just asking. 19p a good price, if it's really RTV silicone, and not a silly quantity. I will have a look next time I visit - is it a "special"?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I think its gone now. I think my local Lidl is a clearance shop. They had a few hundred tubes at 19p and guns at 69p.

I bought half a dozen tubes and a gun at 9:00am.

They didn't have any today.

Reply to
dennis

Yes, the glass hard stuff they make chips from :-)

Reply to
Matt

There is no silicone in silicon.

Reply to
dennis

Imagine the Churchill insurance dog here :-)

Ho! Yes!

I have bought some dogs of sealant over the years :-) Mind you, for 19p each, that is a very good value for a nozzle. Cost you more than that to find another source.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Are you by chance from the ministry of stating the bleeding obvious?

Reply to
Matt