Spammed by Screwfix?

Page 4 of 7

No, that is the point. They ignored my original instruction when I provided the address.

obviously
Disagree, as they threaten that a previous interest in a particular product is a green light to email about ANY of their products. IMHO that is going too far. I opted out a few days ago when the MD emailed that there were some new sockets in stock and then another email followed not long afterwards. Don't know whether I am in practice opted-out or not but when I checked my account I still have the opt-in box ticked, something I am not sure I ever selected. Without necessarily agreening with the OP, the Screwfix letter is too cavalier for my liking.
Alan
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:42:57 -0000, "David Hearn"
Oh yes it has! - sorry, having a seasonal moment. ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
YOU buy from Screwfix and you don't want to know what new products or price reductions they have to offer you?
Very strange!
Why not just add it to your Block List?
I'm with Screwfix on this one.
Mike P.

Not at all, I nearly always tick the relevant boxes for not receiving emails about promotions etc. I never really find them of benefit.
--
Chris French, Leeds

price
Well you've missed some bargains then, why subscribe or order from them if you miss the opportunity to save money!
Mike P.

Possibly, but IME unlikely for me.

I don't subscribe to anything with them.

I order things that I want when I want them for the normal reasons., their prices are pretty good, delivery is usually good etc.

For the same reasons as I don't want junk snail mail or junk phone calls. While there is a small possibility I may derive some benefit, the hassle factor isn't worth it for me.
YMMV (it would seem :-))
--
Chris French, Leeds

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 14:55:29 +0000 (UTC), "Mike P"

Hell I was glad to get it at least I could read it with interest instead of spending all my free time dealing with all these naughty Russian schoolgirls out there. ;-)
Mark S.

Sorry to be blunt, but I think the original poster is a fool to himself and has shot himself in the foot....!
I agree with Screwfix.
morgan
How on earth do you cope if you get an unsolicited phone call!!
I defend myself with ACR, CTR and putting the phone down on anyone who asks for "the owner of the business". :-)

Since I am on the TPS, I report them.

If you are on the national register, they are illegal under EU law. I invariably sick the Information Commissioner (who is the enforcement authority) on them.
666 snipped-for-privacy@hack.powernet[dot]co[dot]uk (Simon Gardner) writes:

Oh, the irony.
"Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" wrote | For those DIYers who buy from Screwfix: | You might like to be aware of their spam policy, which I have | found out to my cost. I am intending to issue legal action | for recovery of my invoice amount.
[from Screwfix letter:]
| In any event the new legislation relates only to personal (not | business) email addresses,
Mmm yes that's right isn't it.
Don't suppose Mr MacNamara put his email address on his letter did he?
Owain

You would be correct in that assumption.
. That's the way a lot of major companies set up their addresses
"Suz" wrote | "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" wrote | > > Don't suppose Mr MacNamara put his email address on his letter did he? | > You would be correct in that assumption. | Bet you a tenner it is snipped-for-privacy@screwfix.com . That's the way a lot of | major companies set up their addresses
If it's not snipped-for-privacy@screwfix.com it'll probably be snipped-for-privacy@screwfix.com or snipped-for-privacy@screwfix.com
Owain
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:35:36 -0000, "Suz"

This MacNamara - you don't think he's the leader of the band, do you?
--

Dave

Don't need his email address if you click 'reply', or you could look it up on the proterties!.
Mike P.