Spacesaver Baths

Hi,

Does anyone know if ti si possible to get the steel equivalent of

- or does the shape preclude it being made in steel?

I am having trouble locating such a beast.

TIA.

Reply to
Piers James

Probably easiest to get an acrylic. Ive got a really nice one that size..expensive, thick, but its a damn site better at 16509 or whatever than the ditzy 1800 bathstore thing.

There are constraints on how deep you can press steel, and how much of a flange you need to leave as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What counts as a decent thickness for acrylic? I can't see any "P" shaped steel showerbaths, so looks like I'll be getting an acrylic one, but don't want a twilly-willy one ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

well the one I was looking at is "5mm cast acrylic sheet fully reinforced". Do you class that as good/thick?

Reply to
Piers James

Just fitted a 1700 Ideal Standard Space bath, they also do a 1500. Pretty solid, no creaks or groans. The base board doesn't go right to the plug hole though and there is movement there when you stand around it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

not bad. 10mm is what I call good.

3mm is crap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

TBH 5mm's not much better....

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Thanks.

you wouldn't happen to have any links would you?

Reply to
Piers James