Spaark ignition not working -Help

I have just taken possession of a new flat and the builder has still to rectify some faults but appears to be going bankrupt and I cannot contact him for help at present. My problem is the gas hob and the spark ignition does not appear to work. I wondered if anyone had an idea what could be the fault? During the building the builder once demonstrated the operation to me and it worked OK. Blair

Reply to
Blair

Is it mains or battery?

If former is it plugged/wired in?

If latter is battry ok/installed?

Reply to
John Rumm

Most new types use a mains powered igniter. Can you check the feed to this is actually live and has a neutral too? Ie, if it's plugged in, check the socket with something else. I've come across a new build show house where some of the sockets weren't actually wired up at all...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks to all who replied. I found that a switch which was situated some way from the gas hob controlled this spark ignition. It was discovered when my wife asked me what did that switch do!! Blair

Reply to
Blair