Sourcing Router bits

Any suggestion for makes/sources of general purpose router bits.

6mm 1/4" 8mm. I am only doing d-i-y, and yes I have google and looked at what is available: but if anyone has any suggestions baswed on experience then it would be much appreciated.
Reply to
andy

Wealden tools do top quality at sensible prices and quick delivery

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The own-brand ("Axcaliber") ones from Axminster seem pretty good.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I went off Axminster cutters in their Yellow phase. They did not hold an edge for long and lots of trouble with guide bearings breaking up. I've been using Wealden ever since and not tried Axcaliber. It is the Axminster postage threshold that puts me off when I just want 1 item.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I'm sure there's a lot of benefit in buying the really good ones. On the other hand, I find that if I need a straight cutter or something equally simple to use on softwood, worktops etc, the cheapos that Toolstation etc sell do the job. Maybe they don't last as long, but I never really do enough to notice and at a pound or two a time, it's simple enough to just get a new one if it starts to burn.

Reply to
GMM

I buy mine from Rutlands

or Axminster
Although the sets look like good value I would advise against them as IME you'll end up using just 2 or 3 of the bits and never touching the others.

Reply to
pcb1962