Source of Stainless Steel Tubing

Anyone know offhand of a source for stainless steel tubing mailorder .I've had a look but not found anywhere .I'm looking for tubing that will take M6 threaded rod so possibly M8 OD would do .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Have you checked Ebay? I recently wanted some ally tube - and although the price per metre was probably higher than from a stockist, the small quantity I needed cost me less in real money, including postage.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Somewhere that builds food or drinks machines maybe ? Maybe a model supplies shop or company ? Stainless is not easy stuff to work with as it tends to work harden.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I did check Ebay but obviously wasn't putting in the right search terms .I have had another look and found this place amongst others so hopefully will get what I want .thx again

Usenet Nutter

It'll just be short straight lengths so there will only be cutting involved and no bending. I need it to cover threaded rod .I'm making a rod carrier using glaziers suction devices that you stick to car bonnets and roofs to carry fishing rods short distances . Thx for your help.

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

stainless steel tube gives a fair selection - including this one:-

Dave Plowman (News)

next time . thx

Reply to
Usenet Nutter