Source of Ozzie Bright light bulbs?

This is a bit of a long shot, but...

When 75 watt incandescent bulbs were about to disappear from the shelves about a year ago I bought a pack of 5 of them from some local shop. I have now discovered the hard way that only one works, the other four blew instantly on switching on. The packet has a PO Box address in Birmingham, but a web search for "Ozzie Bright" brings up nothing, and the BT phone book search is no use either. It was obviously a dud batch so I'd like to take them back, if only I could remember which retailer sold them. I realise that the chances of being able to get a replacement are slim, but it would be good to get a refund.

So just on the off-chance that anyone else has encountered this brand of bulbs (and if they were as good as those I bought then you too might remember) and can recall where they bought them from, I'd be grateful for the info.

I could, I suppose, write to the PO Box, but one's legal rights are with the retailer I believe, so it will probably be a waste of a stamp. If I were the manufacturer I'd probably have done a bunk by now.

Reply to
Clive Page

Poundland

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Take them back to your local shop. Have you checked that they're the right voltage?

They've probably been subjected to rough handling. Remember the days when small retailers would test each bulb before ringing them up? I wonder if anyone still does that?

Reply to
Graham.

The little shop in Madeley still did it when I last bought a bulb from them, about a year ago.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Dishes? Salop, Staffs, or Perth (Western Australia)? I ain't seen any near the Shropshire one. There's the power station chimney and cooling towers at Buildwas, and The Wrekin, of course.

Reply to
Skipweasel

? ? ? ?

When you have the Wrekin with the TV antenna, the power station at buildwas and the Severn to guide you ?

Reply to
geoff

And Madley ain't Madeley.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Reply to
geoff

Having a clue as to which county you are in helps too ...

Reply to
geoff

If you're that far astray ...

Reply to
geoff

Pot black kettle ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , geoff writes

In fact some of the erroneous postings you've come up with have been potentially dangerous

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Graham." saying something like:

Not just the small ones, I recall Woolies doing it, with a bulb tester at every till. H&S would be aghast at such a thing now. I wonder how we ever survived.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

(Just following up my own post in case anyone else has the same problem.)

I wrote to the Ozzie Bright address in Birmingham (thinking it was probably a waste of a stamp) and today to my surprise got an apology from Messrs Poundland and a £2 voucher. I guess I must have bought them there, but actually thought that the local branch had opened only after the 75W bulbs vanished from all retail shelves. So full marks to Poundland. If you find their bulbs fail, make sure you complain too, as their letter claimed mine was the only such complaint that they'd ever had.

Reply to
Clive Page