Source of (or alternatives to) eaves vents for fitting from within a loft?

I cannot find locally or for mail order eaves ventilators for rafters at

400mm centres (eg Manthorpe G435). Roofing merchants understandably have only the vents which are fitted over the rafters before fitting the slates/tiles. Any suggestions please as to where I can get them or how I could DIY something equivalent to them?

Background is I foolishly believed the roofer who said there was no need to fit eaves vents with a breathable underlay. Now, with 170mm insulation over the joists, there is too little ventilation to keep the rafters free from condensation (and a little surface mould) given there is not a vapour barrier in the ceiling.

Reply to
neverwas

Never seen anything to fit from within,best bet would be either a soffit vent such as these

a universal roof tile vent

Alex

Reply to
ALex

Thanks. I should have made clear that there is a source of ventilation from behind the fascia boards but it is blocked by the insulation I pushed in to cover the whole of the roof Apart from the Manthorpe product I've found other makers of ventilation trays which can be fitted from inside the loft (eg Klober -

. I just can't find where to get them in E London (which leaves me feeling more incompetent than ever).

Reply to
neverwas

Did you try clicking on "nearest stockist" on the Klober website and then putting E1 in the postcode box?

Plenty of suppliers in East London.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

No, I put in E5 'cos that's the first part of my postcode. Doing so produced no stockists at all.

Yes, thanks. And most of them a lot closer to E5 than to E1! I'll start phoning on Monday. (It seems Klober's system provides only stockists which *match* the first 2 symbols in the postcode. So E1 produces stockists in E10, E15, E16 and so on. And no postcode beginning E produces the stockists in N** even though they may be nearer. )

Reply to
neverwas

Cool. I just went one step further. Having put E14 in (chosen at random) and got no results, I figured the search was either picky or borked, so experimented a bit.

Cheers. DaveyOz

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Try Wedge roofing supplies or there perant Co SIG. Wedge have a few dept in London

Reply to
Kipper at sea

Wedge Roofing Centres Contact Mr T Wedge Address Wedge House White Hart Lane London London N17 8HJ (MAP)

Telephone 020 88086816

Website

Kipper at sea

Taken from the Wedge internet site

Ventilation Eternit Building Materials: Clay Tile Vents, Half Round Ridge Vent, Angled Ridge Vent, Gas Ridge Vent, Abutment Vent, Eaves Ventilation Pack Forticrete Roofing Products: Lo-Vent Ventilation Tiles, Ventilation Tiles, Eaves Ventilation, Abutment Ventilation Hambleside Danelaw: Flush fitting slate and tile ventilators, Eaves and soffit ventilation including universal over fascia vents, cross flow rafter trays, continuous 6m cross flow roll panel and universal

6m eaves vent pack systems Icopal: Monarvents/Grille Packs Klober: Ventilating Tiles and Slates, Eaves Ventilation, Rafter Trays, Soffit Vents, Fascia Vents, Flat Roofing Lafarge Roofing: RedLine Ventilation Tiles for Interlocking Tiles and Slates, RedLine Plain Tile Ventilation Unit, ThruVent and Hi-Flow ThruVent Tiles, RedVent Eaves Ventilation System, RedVent 25 Over- Fascia Vent, Support Trays, Top Edge Abutment Ventilation System, Ridge Ventilation Terminal, Gas Flue Ridge Terminal Marley Roofing: 10mm Eaves Vent System, 25mm Eaves Vent System, Contour Tile Vent Terminals, Tile Vent Terminals, Marvent Ventilation Terminals, Top Abutment Ventilation Systems Russell Roof Tiles: Tile Vent Terminals, Ridge Vent Terminal, Ridge Tile Ventilator, Eaves Ventilation System, Abutment Ventilation Systems, Gas Ventilation Ridge Terminal, PVC-u Tile Ventilation Terminal Sandtoft Roof Tiles:Concealed Ridge Ventilators, Concealed Tile Ventilators, InvisiVent, Rollvent Top Abutment Ventilators, Ridge Ventilators, Gas Vent Ridge Terminal, 10mm and 25mm Eaves Ventilation Packs
Reply to
Kipper at sea