Source of ladders please

Preferably box section, three part, minimum usable height 8 metres.

Price not an issue.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Got the Halo 2*18 rung ladder, square section EN131 standard from

That would just meet your height requirement but is a tad long for transporting on most cars. Is that why you want 3 apart?

First ladder arrived very slightly damaged in transit but collected and replaced without any hassle.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

I was wrong. We want I section.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Any particular reason because the requirement doesn't sit with price not being an issue?

When I researched this I found that the I section ladders were typically Class 3, that's 95kg and EN 131 ladders, that's 150kg were box section. I went for an EN 131 ladder and having worked up it fairly fully extended I'm relieved I didn't go for a lesser standard.

If you really want I section, Abru domestic ladders are I section and B&Q stock some sizes. If what you want is EN 131 I section, sorry can't help.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

In 8m ? Not if you want me to climb it you don't, you want box section.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I have the 7.44m version of:

pleased with it. It is very stable and comfortable to stand on. Personally I don't like I section ones at all, since they don't have the same latteral stability (most are only "domestic" rating. At that length you want something with a bit more stiffness)

Reply to
John Rumm

ARCO, I buy most ladders for work from them, all class 1, lesser classes tend to be too flimsy anyway

Reply to
Badger

Well, tht'swhat I thought - but he was standing over me so I had to amend it.

He might realise - and admit - that he was wrong, there's a first time for everything ... :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Exactly.

And you have to have somewhere to store the thing, that's when sections become useful.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'll have a look. The one we have is a CLIMA but it's too short for son's house.

There have been several suggestions, for which I'm grateful, he'll examine them all.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

are the best ladders I know of, used a lot in event industry where they use the word zarges instead of ladder. Expensive though.

Reply to
rob2

I'll have a look, thanks.

Mary