Source of fencing wire please

I need to erect a rabbit proof fence. No problem sourcing the netting on the net :-). However I am having trouble finding a source for wire on the net. I would prefer 2.64mm spring steel though 4mm mild steel would be a suitable alternative. I can get the mild steel one from a local Agricultural Merchants if necessary. Thanks

Reply to
Broadback

eBay has a lot of fences passing stuff off.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Had a look there, can't find any steel wire. Plenty of barbed wire though!

Reply to
Broadback

What an odd size. Why 2.64mm?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

12swg

Possibly better known as "high tensile" fencing wire than "spring steel" at agricultural merchants.

Do CWG stock it? There are branches around the country, and a dysfunctional web site.

Reply to
Autolycus

Thanks, I got the measurement and description from a manual on fencing. High tensile has (at last) given me some hits. Thanks one and all.

Reply to
Broadback