Source for strong "S" hooks?

Having put away our swing seat for the winter, got it out today and discovered one of the S hooks which holds the chain to the chair is missing.

Size is about 5cm top to bottom, probably about 3-4mm guage metal. Obviously needs to be quite strong to take the shared weight of 3 people plus the chair.

Any good sources? Ebay has some that might be work a punt, but other reliable sources gratefully received!

Matt

Reply to
larkim

vered one of the S hooks which holds the chain to the chair is missing.

iously needs to be quite strong to take the shared weight of 3 people plus = the chair.

able sources gratefully received!

Screwfix, 5-6mm steel, 2" long

NT

Reply to
NT

covered one of the S hooks which holds the chain to the chair is missing.

bviously needs to be quite strong to take the shared weight of 3 people plu= s the chair.

liable sources gratefully received!

These?

load 20kg, so even if the logic holds true that each hook hands 1/nth (= where n=3Dnumber of hooks) of the total load, I can't see them being rated = for me, my wife and my kids sitting on the seat at the same time.

Or are there some others which I've not discovered at Screwfix?

Reply to
larkim

one of the S hooks which holds the chain to the chair is missing.

needs to be quite strong to take the shared weight of 3 people plus the chair.

sources gratefully received!

Butcher's hook?

Though a quick shop suggest you'll get the toy ones. As butchers still use them the real ones must exist somewhere.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ