Source for Screw Top Jars

Fisher scientific, or try an aromatherapist as they use them for blended creams/lotions.

Niel.

Reply to
sue.fagan

Anyone know of a low cost source for screw top jars like this?

needed is about 60ml or 2 fl oz. Quantity needed is about 30. Have found some via google etc but wondered if there was a cheaper source.

Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

You drink instant coffee, don't you?! May take a little time though to accummulate 30 jars!

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

Try asking your local chemist perhaps...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

What sort of price have you found? For a slightly different shape jar, you could try Tesco Value Jam. I think its about 38p or so a jar (including contents).

David Hearn

If they sold instant coffee in 60ml jars, it wouldn't take too long...

My father stores screws, nails, whatever fits, in coffee/jam jars whose lids are screwed to the bottom of a shelf...

The only drawback is that sometimes the jar doesn't properly engage to the lid and then you have to find a new jar...

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

Try AP Fitzpatrick 020 7790 0884. They do a glass one for around a quid but I'm not sure about plastic. Makes you realise how little the contents of the jars are worth in the supermarket.

Reply to
stuart noble

And presumably spend 15 minutes picking up the nails/screws and tiptoeing carefully around the shards of glass....!

I was thinking recently about those wonderful little tins that tobacco is (or used to be - I don't smoke) sold in. Measuring about 3x2x1 inch with a pop-off lid. Wonderful for storing small things in.

Helps to know a pipe smoker I guess, and they seem to be a rare breed!

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Many thanks to all. Yes - I think the best way is going to be via the local supermarket. Even with the contents it will probably work out cheaper! Thanks for your help. Roy

Reply to
RzB

I sourced some jars similar to those a couple of years ago, mail order from a laboratory equipment supplier - can't remember which one but a quick look on Kellys

bring up a few possible suppliers.

For a start try:-

luck

Kev

Reply to
Kev Parkin

You can get similar (if slightly smaller) metal tins with mints in. I believe the brand name is Altoids or Marks & Spencer sell them as "Curiously Strong Mints". Very useful little tins and the mints are good too!

Cheers

Mark Spice

Reply to
Mark Spice

Robertsons 4-pack of tiny jars (including jam) are only 79p. They're just perfect for experimenting with obscure finish mixes of shellac and ochre pigments.

Andy Dingley