Source for pipe clamps?

Hi, all.

I need to hang a near- horizontal 22mm pipe run in free air, about 100mm below an existing pipe run. I intend to provide support by hanging it from the existing pipe. ( It's the discharge from a plastic tundish. The plastic compression fitting on the bottom of the plastic tundish is not strong enough to provide vertical support for this pipe, so I'd like to use a hanger arrangement from the well-secured pipe above it. )

What I want to use are the pipe-clamps which come as 2 halfs, sometimes with rubber inside them, which clamp around a 22mm pipe. They also have a nut on them , allowing them to be attached to a section of threaded bar. Using

2 of these with a length of threaded bar between them, I can create a pipe hanger.

I've seen this solution used on a professional installation, so it's not that esoteric!

The clamps I want are rather like these:

need a retail source of these. I've not had much success googling around. Most pipe clamps / clips sold seem to be just the copper or plastic clips for attaching pipework to a wall.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

> I need a retail source of these. I've not had much success googling

They are called munsun ings and you will probably get them at a plumbing wholesalers

Regards

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

>>> I need a retail source of these.

Thanks.

I eventually found RS p/n 197-1515 which is exactly what I want.

Ron Lowe

Or from BES if you're stuck locally

Reply to
John Stumbles