Source for built-in bathroom cabinet

Hi

I'm looking for a bathroom wall cabinet with mirrored from door(s). But I want to recess it into the stud wall with the mirror doors (almost) flush with the tiles. Does anyone know of a source for a cabinet that's

*designed* to be built-in? My main concern being that I want a lip that slightly overhangs the tiles to avoid a grouted or siliconed edge.
Reply to
xxx

Just make it yourself - it's totally straightforward. I did it in my previous house which had a very small bathroom (hence the desire, like you, for a recessed cabinet) and a stud-partition wall.

For simplicity, I made mine to fit exactly the space between three studs; cut away the plasterboard accordingly and sawed through the one exposed stud, at the top and bottom of the opening. Lined the resulting rectangular hole with a frame knocked up from four lengths of pine, which I'd already planed down to provide the required lip. I think there much have been a fifth length acting as a central divider, set back from the front to allow the mirror doors to slide past. All dead easy - no jointing required as it didn't need any structural strength and everything was hidden from view - think I just nailed it together.

Fixed it all in place, checking the corners were all true and square, then stuck guides for the mirror doors along the top and bottom edges (this stuff readily obtainable from B&Q) (althought if you have the kit

- I didn't - slots rebated into the wood would be a more attractive but trickier solution).

The rear face of the plasterboard at the back of the opening was fine as is for the back of the cupboard; just splashed some white emulsion on.

Mirror doors were provided by a local glazier, cut to the size I wanted, and they were able to grind finger recesses in the front faces. Same for glass shelves inside, which were supported on little supports from Screwfix (ref 16828).

Polyfilla around the outside of the lip to repair the plasterboard - job done! Looked and worked great.

David

Reply to
Lobster