source for Bosch dishwasher spares

Hi, all.

Our Bosch dishwasher has suffered a minor failure, and I need a replacement part ( a spring ).

It's the spring-loaded cover on on the detergent compatrment, on the inside of the main door.

Its stopped opening, and investigation reveals a snapped spring.

Where's the best place to find such stuff?

Reply to
Ron Lowe

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Ron Lowe" saying something like:

Grimly Curmudgeon

replacement

If it's just come off it's holder, then look inside, in between the door skins.

Personally, I've never heard of a spring breaking unless it has been forced passed it's bending point. Are you sure it is not the plastic holder on the detergent compartment that has broken off?

Best thing is contact Bosch directly

and register in their shop. Pick the part you need and your done. As far as I see, their prices are pretty good. On a par with the repair shop prices I've seen elsewhere.

Reply to
BigWallop

Or here

Where the prices look about the same as on the Bosch main site.

Reply to
BigWallop

I always use this site for Bosch - not necessarily the cheapest, but normally quick and efficient. John

Reply to
John

I've a horrible feeling it's a 'whole unit' at about 50 quid. Try a box of springs from somewhere if that's the case.

BSHApplianceCare is good, as stated, and you can check the parts on exploded diagrams.

Reply to
Bob Eager

CPC have a white/brown goods spares finder service, but you can only get it by phone rather than on the web. If you can identify the part, then give them a ring and see what they can do.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes the lid on my Bosch's dispenser failed months ago and I was aghast at the replacement cost. However, we just kept on using the machine as normal, but lobbing a soap tablet into the cutlery rack instead of the dispenser. Have to say that I've noticed now problems at all with the wash quality as a result, so am now in absolutely no hurry to repair it!

David

Reply to
Lobster

not worked on cash registers then or printers, I have seen loads over the years snap usually tension springs. Lidl or Aldi some times have assorted boxes or even poundland it all depends on what type of spring you are looking for

Reply to
Kevin

The detergent compartrment in my old dishwasher would occasionally not open, thus doing a whole wash not very well. I observed that at the start of the cycle there was a short pump out of any remaining water when there is none, and the compartrment opened immediately. So I just leave it open all the time now. Problem solved without having to buy a spring that costs as much as a dishwasher.

Reply to
Matty F

Thanks to all who replied.

The e-shop at BSH Appliance Care was exactly what I needed. I was able to find the exploded parts diagram, and parts list.

spring was part of a 2-piece set, along with a bit of bent plastic. Total cost £2.50. ( VAT + postage pushed it up to £7! )

Still, it's ordered.

Now, I just need to figure out how to fit the spring and re-mount the sliding door at the same time. It may take some considerable dexterity ( and perhaps little fingers ) :-)

Reply to
Ron Lowe