source for "bin loader"

Long ago I ordered 2 of these:...

?imageID=1550&op=imgLib-viewImagefrom the Innovations catalogue.

It certainly appears that I could get one from Garden Supply direct, but the catalogue (normally) used to have good offers if you bought more than one.

Does anyone know if they are sold in any of the weekend "supplement" catalogues that drop out of the newspapers?

BTW, I can thoroughly recommend these gadgets. I have 2 and have used them contantly for the last decade.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a source of "the right" plastic (it's around 1.5mm polythene, at a guess), that might help too :-)

BugBear (who used to spend a bit of time in URG)

Reply to
bugbear

Scotts of Stow have them, two for 14.90 + 4.95 P&P. Scotts P&P is more than Gardensupplydirect, but maybe you can find other things to make up a worthwhile order from Scotts, with christmas approaching.

They are (used to be?) used in Oxfam shops, if you know an Oxfam shop manager you might be able to ask them to order one for you (unoficially) through the Shop Supplies Order Form (a hateful thing).

Owain

Reply to
Owain

source for "bin loader"

If the CIA and the entire American military couldn't find him, what chance have we got?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

duh. you mean bin larden.

harry (mr)

Reply to
Mr Harry

Hmm. 2 from Garden Supply would be 8.99 * 2 + 2.99 ~= 21 as opposed to Scotts @ ~= 20. Saves me a quid. If I want four, it's a clear win for Scotts, of course.

How interesting. Thank you.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

I can't find them:

clues, or are these a catalogue only item?

BugBear (back from wandering around Scotts website)

Reply to
bugbear

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Ah hah!

They're more usually called "bag loaders"

(South Downs trading company)

UK
Vernon Geranium Nursery
Craft (special offer - I think not)
Garden Products (use their search for "loader")
Grange (an alioas for Scotts, I think)
despite what people say about competition on the web, the prices are strangely uniform ;-)

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

You know, I was thinking as I was looking at the website I'd have to point out that it's on the second page half-way down a not-terribly-obvious subcategory.

Sorry for the absence of Clue.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

[...]

Stuff the Web! Get an offcut of flooring vinyl very cheap from a flooring shop, or free of charge from your friendly local rubbish skip. Stanley knife or scissors. It's always worked for me.

For big prunings, keep a length of old electrical cable. Tie a loop in one end, and lay it out full length; chuck the prunings onto the cable, and at the end of the job thread the plain end through the loopy end, pull tight, and haul the bundle to wherever you want to put it.

Reply to
Mike Lyle

They have these for £4.99 in my local garden centre (Wyevale in Alfold, Surrey).

However - I found mine absolutely s**te for loading bags as it just wanted to curl up into a 4" diameter. I suppose I could have messed around with it, but I made it into a dew shield for my telescope instead.

Reply to
adm

Heh. The web is the mechanism by which your splendid suggestion found its way to me.

Thanks for the tip.

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Mine need rolling "the other way" on about a 3 month cycle. I deem this "OK"

BugBear

Reply to
bugbear

Glad to be of service! And, yes, there was a certain inconsistency in my dismissal of our Wonderful Way of Working.

Reply to
Mike Lyle

I have small children to hold the bags open for me - and the telescope was a needy cause at the time! ;-)

Reply to
adm

I reckon a bag loader is cheaper!

BugBear