Sound deadening with plasterboard walls

Hi all,
Unfortunately my house is part assembled using these rather nasty plasterboard stud partition walls between the rooms. This did not used to be a problem, but one of my lodgers appears to be a little on the deaf side and watches the TV at quite a loud volume, and always talks very loudly on the phone. (he stays with me during the week and returns home at weekends to the kids, so I am guessing that he is used to having to talk over the kids). Infact one day when I was walking back to the house, and he was in the kitchen on the phone (which is at the back / side of the house) I was able to hear him!!!
Is there anything that I can insert into the gap between the plasterboard to help deaden the sound - maybe like a spray in foam or something?
Alternatively I guess I could chop out his tongue and get him some headphones for the tv! :-)
Cheers, Matt
I put rockwool insulation between the bathroom and my young sons room inside a plasterboard/stud partition - works a treat, we can now splash around without disturbing his beauty sleep.
Also used it in a similar wall between the downstairs loo and kitchen to cover up toilet noises!
message

Teletext page 888 subtitles are very good on recorded programs
message

Hi all, Sorry if this is a repost - having trouble getting my news server to accept posts :-(
--
Unfortunately my house is part assembled using these rather nasty
plasterboard stud partition walls between the rooms. This did not used to
message

plasterboard.
Mike Dyer. Speaking from experience :(

Not the only one... http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam