Sound bar

I thought that the issues of non linear DACS all vanished with oversampled blah blah blah and all DACS are in fact better than the signal they are converting.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

snip

You could be right - any problems in the DAConversion process are said to be way beyond the threshold of hearing.

You could be wrong - any problems are intrinsic to the analogue-digital conversion, so impossible to put right. Music should, some say, stay in the analogue domain.

You choose!

Rob

Reply to
RJH

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Yeah, you need to pay 3 quid for a gold plated one

D.M.Chapman

Yes - my singing in the bath sounds like the Bryn Terfel when processed through a decent DAC... :-)

Reply to
polygonum

QI all this business of buying leads. Anything that can be retailed for a quid you can get from the Pound Shop (or nip over to Maplins and pay a tenner for some fancy packaging). For some reason HDMI leads don't quite come in that category yet. Retailers are really taking the piss with their prices for accessories. I guess they've worked out that nothing can be sold for under a tenner, even a 5 amp fuse.

Reply to
stuart noble

Hmm. So no clock jitter then?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

why would there be?

take all that out with a shift register.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher