SOT - something I've noticed

Almost all of the houses built on Grand Designs, Building the Dream etc, very rarely have a doorbell or other entry system. Seems bonkers to me that the only way of knowing there's a visitor to a, usually, large house is is by them making a loud enough noise banging on the door to overcome the radio/TV etc. And it wouldn't cost much in a new-build. Of course, there's an opening for Dave TMH to install wireless doorbells ...

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Strange. On the 're-visit' they usually show an entry phone or doorbell being used.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Peter Johnson scribbled

How many are 'gated' ?

I've not watched Grand Designs for some time. The repeated "will they finish on time?" and "will the windows fit?", became tedious. When they had a house with no walls, so that the parents could keep an eye on their children, I felt they were encouraging loons.

Having said, that some ideas were outstanding, and unlikely to ever be repeated elsewhere.

Reply to
Jonno

I haven't kept a record but it's been a while since I've seen one with an entry phone or doorbell, which is why I commented. It's most often been the presenter using his fist.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Or the camera crew are already inside making the whole thing a farce

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That's because they're frequently not actually finished. In some of them, the garden has obviously been covered in Astroturf & the rooms "dressed" to look like the people have moved in, when they haven't.

'Cos the house is actually finished by then.

Reply to
Huge

Virtually everything you see on TV has been "set up" ahead of time.

Reply to
Huge