SOT: BBC Internet Radio

Thanks for that - work here. Wonder how far this is from a DAB replacement? Certainly addresses a large part of the 'hifi' aspect for equipment within reach of an internet connection

Reply to
RJH

Sadly not working for me here, my winamp (v5.623) player window shows 5 temporary ts files of duration 6s each but doesn't play anything.

ts files as below with what looks like the bandwidth and a streaming sequence ID which increments with the file sequence.

bbc_radio_one-audio=128000-222569219.ts?dvr_window_length=24

Reply to
fred

I've a little proggy called RadioSure and Radio 3 went from that. Now, this might be coincidence but happened within the space of a minute, but I changed the audio in the XP properties to Default and all was well. RadioSure is showing

PeterC

I've seen other reports of poor performance and high CPU usage using VLC on Windows machines. This looks like it could be something to do with Windows, as linux systems don't seem to have any problem at all. I've tried several of the 320 kbps streams using VLC on this linux box and never gone over about 14% CPU usage even with other things running. This is an elderly PC too, not a fancy quad-core beastie. :)

Reply to
mick

Yes this 'ere dual core pentium is showing 57% processor use with VLC!...

Reply to
tony sayer