Sort of OT 3G wireless

It's all digits, I think there is a basic data link at whateever speed can be attained over which data, SMS, phone calls are carried.

But giffgaff are on O2 and O2's coverage can be a bit poor. They are only 2G here, all the others 3G and EE 4G.

The big gotcha with many tarrifs is "no tethering" ie the data use is for the device with the SIM only. The networks can tell to a limited extent as well. TPO don't spot my tablet via the phones WiFi but if I connect the home LAN they do in a few tens of minutes.

It might be worth a look at Asda Mobile, EE (but 3G only), allow tethering, have data only plans. Still worth doing the maths on p/MB though if you know how much data you are likely to need. Their cheapest data is a normal bundle, 6 GB Data, Unlimited Mins and Texts for £20 - 0.3255 p/MB, the biggest data only is 4 GB for £15.00 -

0.3662 p/MB.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's a mine field out there, everything from the network operator actually having 3 or 4G where you want it or the service provider allowing tethering to the service providers tarrif structure and your use.

Asda Mobile £10.00 Bundle 1.5GB 600min Unl Txts 0.6510 p/MB £12.50 Data Only 2.0GB 0.6104 p/MB £15.00 Bundle 3.0GB 1000min Unl Txts 0.4883 p/MB

That's quite a step in p/MB between the £12.50 data only and £15 bundle. Their £20 bundle gets the data price down to 0.3255 p/MB.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You may have to wait another ten years for him to leave his teenage years behind if my experience as a parent is typical. :-(

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Not with 3G, that showed up with 4G.

Reply to
Jones

He can act like a teenager as long as he wants IN HIS OWN HOUSE.

Plans for his room , Moi?

Reply to
soup

just...")

33? Naw that was about the time I took my "gap year" between being made redundant after 15 years as a staffer and becoming freelance.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice