Sophisticated immersion heater?

My immersion heater unit seems to be sick - it appears to be stuck ON.

I'm wondering if there are more sophisticated replacement units around now. I'd like something that shows the temperature of the water, for example. Also it is quite difficult to alter the setting on the one I have now. Are there newer units with external settings?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 11:33:43 +0000 someone who may be Timothy Murphy wrote this:-

Almost certainly the thermostat is defunct. Replace just the thermostat and see. This is an easy job compared to replacing the whole heater.

Immersion heaters don't do this. However, there are a variety of sensors that can be fitted to a hot water cylinder and display the temperature, sometimes remotely.

Reply to
David Hansen