Soot on carpet

I have a really annoying soot footprint on a carpet. I vacced it but its still there. Anyone know of a good remedy? (I've not wet it yet)

Thanks

Si

Reply to
Mitch

The message from "Mitch" contains these words:

soot from carpet.

Using the nozzle attachment .of the vacuum cleaner clean most of it up. Try not to rub the soot into the carpet. Then sprinkle talcum powder over it and brush in. Vacuum as normal.

HTH

Reply to
Anne Jackson