Sony TV problems

Page 1 of 2
Does anyone have instructions on how to retune a Sony TV Model KV-2162U or point me to a more relevant group? I've been trying to retune this for hours but am getting nowhere. TIA Iain
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:20:40 -0000, "Iain Gordon"

have you checked out the sony website? i feel sure they have manuals in pdf format??

or
Unfortunately not. They only have them for sale. No idea of price but probably not cheap. regards, Iain

Replying to my own post. I've now found the manual for the TV but the remote control illustrated looks nothing like the one I've got. This one is a combined VCR/TV controller. I'm assured that this is the original controller that came with the TV/VCR package (it's the M-I-L's TV). I've tried just about every conceivable combination of buttons. Any other ideas?
Iain

KV-2162U
with
Doesn't the remote have a "menu" or "set up" button on it ?

Snip
Yes, but only enables the VCR setup menu. Iain

illustrated
And there isn't a button that transfers the remote between VCR and TV ? It might be a small button on the side of the remote.

came
every
It
Yes, there is a button that switches the remote between VCR and TV but no matter what I do I can't seem to get a menu screen in TV mode, although I can get one on VCR mode when the VCR is connected to the TV.
Iain

Is there a switch that sets more than two appliances on the remote. As in, TV1, TV2, VCR 1, VCR 2 and so on ? Or is it just the two, VCR+TV, that are shown ? It's weird that it's only bringing up a menu for the VCR.

VCR/TV
that
?
no
in,
are
Yes, Just the two options, TV or VCR
Iain
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:43:34 -0000, Iain Gordon wrote:

The different worldwide sony sites have different things on them. The sony europe support site: http://www.sony-europe.com/view.x?downloads&type=2&loc=eu seems to have downloadable manuals for everything except televisions. the sony asia site (in English) http://www.css.ap.sony.com / has some interactive guides to tuning (pick televisions in the drop down box on the left, then interactive guides). Doesn't have the exact model number you have, but maybe you can spot one with the same controller.
Snip

with
Thanks John, I'll give that a try. Iain
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:20:40 -0000, Iain Gordon wrote:

Mine isn't that model, but it starts with KV and ends with U, so may be similar :-) Have you got buttons on the remote control that look like a red up arrow like on a keyboard shift key, and a red diamond with an arrow pointing into it from the left? If so, press them together to put it into tuning mode. Then use the shift key with the +/- buttons that normally adjust the brightness, etc to tune it.

or
into
The controller is one of those combined VCR/TV things. I've tried just about every combination of buttons with absolutlely no luck. Iain
"Iain Gordon" wrote in message

KV-2162U or

Hi Iain
I suggest you email Sony and actually ask them how to do whatever you need to do. I had a question about my DVD player and they wrote me a very comprehensive step by step email back within 48 hours.
Angela

Angela, I did this last night. Hopefgully I'll get a response from them this week.
Iain

I have a Sony KV-1421U portable that the original remote went astray for some time ago, and I've also found it impossible to get into the main setup/tuning menu using universal remotes. None of the Sony codes supplied with the remote seem to match the TV properly.
The only way I can tune mine is to press and hold the button on the front of the set marked '>>' which sends it into the auto-setup routine. This is a bit of a compromise though - it sets the channel presets to whatever it feels like, so the vcr is now on preset 5, Channel 5 is on preset 6 etc.
I've come to the conclusion the only way to use all of the features properly would be to buy a new remote from Sony :-(
Nick
Nick Read wrote in message ...

properly
Or try http://www.remotesreplaced.co.uk/ who seem to do replacement remotes for specific models.

remotes for specific models.
Thanks, that looks very promising.
Regards,
Nick

remotes
Thanks for that Stuart, I've just ordered the correct controller 19.50 inc P&P
Regards Iain