Sony Clock-radio ICF-C273L - how open?

How do I open this radio up please, so that I can fit the earphone socket that Sony fits as standard on all units except those sold in the UK?

I've taken the 5 screws out, and it opens 20mm at the back, but really does not want to separate at the front.....

Reply to
Roger

Anyhting under the batteries ...presuming there are batt's

Reply to
fictitious

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

I should have said - it's a mains, FM/MW/LW digital push-button machine

- no batteries. All very swish plastic curves, and a Christmas present, so I don't want to break it.

Reply to
Roger

Look for other screws hidden under sticky labels, and also plastic latching clips between materials. Sometimes you may have to accept colateral damage in performing the operation. A little heat from a hairdryer may help soften the plastic a bit. Just go slow!

Reply to
Adrian C

Here is a picture, it might help someone to suggest something.

would think there are 3 or 4 plastic lugs in the top moulding that engage in the front panel.

20mm should be wide enough to shine a torch in there and see where they are.
Reply to
Graham.

Take it to ye friendly local dentist ...

Reply to
Adrian C

In message , Graham. writes

3 lugs in fact, 2 out of sight. Managed to pop them without damage one after the other going very carefully. Thanks everyone!
Reply to
Roger

In message , Roger writes

Right all done - now has headphone socket, is reassembled, and - wait for it - still works!

Reply to
Roger