Somewhat OT: Experience with adjustable beds...

Apols for this being a bit OT but I do respect the experience and expertise the people on this group on all manner of things...

We are about to change our 18 year old water bed! We have seen some "memory foam, adjustable beds" at the London Grand Designs and Birmingham Home/Garden shows. There were a number of companies showing similar products...

We were very interested in products from these guys...

anyone had any experience of this type of bed or this particular company?

Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

"RzB" wrote in news:5dg3cjF33qkehU1 @mid.individual.net:

I've had a memory foam mattress and pillow for some time, and like them a lot.

I thought at first I'd made a terrible mistake, as going to bed was like lying on a plank, but it takes a little time and warming for the thing to start working.

It is then very comfortable, and really is hard to talk about, bcause it's one of those things that sort of disappears in use - not so much a noticeable presence of comfort, but an absence of discomfort, like the transparency of really good audio.....

mike

Reply to
mike

"mike" wrote

Mike, Many thanks for your thoughts. Good to hear you are happy with the memory foam - our main worry is that some people have said that they can feel a bit hot? And also dealing with a company that only sells through exhibitions would be a first for us. Product does look good though... Many thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

"RzB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

I don't know about hot, Roy, but you speak of "we2 and "our" which makes me feel you don't sleep alone.

If I can remember that far back, the huge disadvantage of sharing a bed with one of the opposite persuasion is the heat! They're always too damn cold and I was always too damn hot.

So if you've cracked that you should be able to cope ;)

mike

Reply to
mike