Something so simple...

My wife is in the contrarian camp and has converted me to one-use paper towels, washing up brushes that are put in the dishwasher, plastic cutting boards ditto and excessive hand washing.

And I'm the ex-biologist.

Reply to
Huge

f those shelves in bundles) but this is inspired...

obvious now.

o the sink which was directly underneath. =A0 A great idea.

I don't normally go into friend's kitchens to inspect the layout, but all the houses I can immediately think of have the kitchen sink at the window. Washing up is a bit of a depressing chore and being able to look out, even onto British weather, does help.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Their mains voltage is somewhat lower than ours :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

It's volts that jolt, but mills that kills.

Reply to
Huge

I doubt those socket outlets are immune to shorting if they get wet though.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

"the BBC do not recommend chopping any sort of food on your toilet seat"

Reply to
The Other Mike

Yes; I recall seeing a plate rack in a modern kichen showroom which had been installed in an eyeline cupboard carcase with a base/bottom shelf, so if anyone used it as the Victorians would, the drained water would pool on the bottom shelf. In other words it was installed as a cosmetic trendy feature rather than a functional draining rack.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts