Somebody likes a challenge

Dobson family home has nine bathrooms but no hot water. They can choose from nearly 30 toilets but until last week were answering the call of nature outside. And with no heating, they are already casting a nervous eye towards winter. ...

Renovating the building will be a huge task. Duncraig has 29 bedrooms, four main reception areas, any number of smaller rooms, and special features such as a minstrels' gallery and its own chapel, which the family may allow to be used for small weddings in the future. There is also an annex used for the domestic college, complete with classrooms, sinks and even schoolbooks.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

True, but having the in-laws in the same house all the time???

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

"Andy Hall" wrote | (Huge) wrote: | >"Owain" writes: | >>

| >>THE Dobson family home has nine bathrooms but no hot water. They can | >>choose from nearly 30 toilets but until last week were answering the | >>call of nature outside. And with no heating, they are already casting | >>a nervous eye towards winter. ... | >Lucky, lucky b*stards. | True, but having the in-laws in the same house all the time???

Just have to take refuge in one of the local pubs ...

The Plockton Hotel has won the Scottish Pub of the Year award, while the Plockton Inn and Seafood Restaurant is the AA Scottish Seafish Pub of the Year.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Strange house that was built without fireplaces?

I was brought up in the NE of Scotland. Our house had an open fire in the living room, and no heating anywhere else - certainly when I was little. Later on there was an electric heater that could be used in other rooms - if you were ill. ;-)

People these days...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Indeed, thinking back to the house where we lived when I was born. My parents bought it from new which makes it 1962. It had an oil fired heater in the lounge, the flue from which passed uninsulated through the upstairs and imparted some general heat. This was Ayrshire btw. No wonder on moving to Southern New Zealand we didn't find the lack of central heating unremarkable. Central heating is still remarkable there.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby