Some serious DIY modelling!

Too proud to admit you were completely wrong with your accusations, then?

Reply to
The Wanderer

Too idle to look, maybe if you wasn't such PITA.

Reply to
dennis

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Streater saying something like:

Biggles Snr, you mean, Shirley?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I have to agree with you here. Under normal circumstances I can keep my diesel car to a speed limit quite easily, however, I have been driving a petrol car that I own and another that belongs to our daughter daughter, for the last 10 days and because they are a little bit more lively, I find I am breaking the speed limits quite often. Not by more than about

5 MPH though.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I asked the original question of your experience and I did so because you were posting untruths about aircraft. I have spent 26 years working with them, aerodynamics's, designers, stress engineers, flight test, air crew, testing aircraft systems and commissioning them for flight, just to name a few things. The only thing I wouldn't touch was anything that would go bang. At one point, I even had a head of a department keep coming down to ask questions on the secondary flying controls so he could understand how they worked. Things like the high lift, wing sweep control unit and how it prevented the wings from sweeping while the flaps were extended. I even showed the man who had spent years testing the production aircraft fuel systems how to do internal fuel transfers using the internal fuel pumps and the ground control panel.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Well that's the interesting part. We have Biggles flying Camels in WW1 so he must have been 20-odd then. Next we have Biggles being very lively and biffing bad guys in the 50s, when he must have been 60-odd.

Don't know how he did it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Many thanks for that

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Funnily enough. I had exactly the same problem. When I changed from a petrol S-Max to a diesel S-Max! I found the diesel behaved very differently...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Which bits were untrue?

Reply to
dennis

Yes, mine is a bit slow until I floor it to get the turbo into action. Wife doesn't like driving it, says it is too slow. It's superb for mile eating on the fast roads though.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Funny enough so far this week I have driven a diesel astra, a petrol corsa, a diesel smart and a petrol smart soft top. They all sound different but the roadside furniture passes at the same rate.

Reply to
dennis

It was the turbo that kept catching me out....if I accelerated the way I used to on the petrol one, I'd find it going much faster than I expected, very quickly! On the whole it goes much better than the petrol one did...and much more economically, too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , "dennis@home" writes

You mean that you drive so slowly that even stationary objects overtake you ?

There's a surprise

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Streater saying something like:

Britain's first Terracotta Warrior. Wheeled out in times of national crisis and put back in the cupboard when it gets a bit quiet.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Well geoff if the stationary objects aren't passing you then you are also stationary.

I guess there are a lot of surprises for you. I blame the education system and your parents for failing you.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Yeah. At least drivel is entertaining

Reply to
geoff

:-)

I find I need between £10-00 to £15 pounds of fuel a week for pottering around. After I got back with the daughters car 8 days ago, I had about a quarter of a tank of petrol and had to put some more in a week later. I only do about 120 to 130 miles a week. It uses far more petrol. Can't wait to get my diesel back next week.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

They are all tuned down cars though.

Do you have a lot of furniture charity shops around you?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yup. My petrol Galaxy did about 27mpg most of the time (a lot of short journeys). The petrol S-Max raised that to 33mpg, and the diesel S-Max is at about 40mpg, and more pleasant to drive. On a journey to the Lake District and back, loaded right up with four passengers and camping gear, it did 47mpg!

Reply to
Bob Eager

They all exceed the speed limits if you let them.

No idea, do you want me to ask the neigbours if they have any for you? I don't need any as having cheap cars keeps my bank balance at a few tens of £k.

Reply to
dennis