Some people.

Bit you missed out is that it was also rather better than LCDs of that age. Which is why i bought it.

As I've said, it's not that vast. You're confusing it with tube rear projection TVs. This is a DLP.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Very roughly 12" back to front. Other dimensions are pretty well that of the screen.

To put things in perspective, the replacement LCD sits on the same stand in exactly the same place.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) put finger to keyboard:

Right. When you re-list, put all that in the description, plus what Adrian suggested. It's not like you're trying to sell it on Twitter.

Reply to
Scion

Then don't complain when it gets bought by somebody who doesn't understand what it is, and thinks it's a flat screen - and don't complain if it doesn't fetch as much as it could, because you've not piqued the interest of somebody semi-interested.

I'm sure it was. But I'm not a projector anorak. TBH, I thought projector TVs were one of those very short-lived fads that died a death decades ago.

Reply to
Adrian

So what sort of screen does it have ? Round, oval, curved, ...... and of course why does it matter or why does it have to be flat.

- and don't complain

maybe it isn't worth the time and effort, some people have better things to do. A friend of mine used to spend 3-4 hours on an ebay webpage listing everyth ing then the product sold for about £30-£30 that he paid £10 for. He gave that up as now he write mobile phone apps ad gets paid as a freelan cer at £250-£300 a 8-9 hour day.

those were the sports TV type thing in the students union and other places. All teh overhead projectors here were called OHPs for some reason, but they weren't digital, and they were pretty crap would want one of them new for free.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Adrian put finger to keyboard:

The CRT ones were dire; expensive and bulky with no improvement (and in most cases a decrease) in picture quality over normal CRT sets. I only ever saw them in showrooms.

Reply to
Scion

I'm not complaining. Just introduced it as a topic for discussion. To make a change from the usual racial ranting. Nor did I expect it to fetch much. Just hoped it would make enough to cover the bother of listing it.

They've come and gone several times. Rather like 3D. The three tube colour ones were generally a nightmare. DLP got round most of their problems.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

3 tube colour ones had to move to 4 tube if decent brightness was required as the red phosphors were low output. The US was keen on projectors some 20 years ago as it gave them 50"+ screens, but the brightness was poor. Schmitt optical system comes to mind. They were OK if the room was darkened. I have vague memories of DLPs suffering from stuck pixels as a common problem.
Reply to
Capitol

Would seem it's not just fit for the tip, given the number of emails I've had after putting it on FreeCycle.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)