Some new water eg or BG bullshit?

Cousin had her combi serviced today then I got this phone call 'where did you switch the water off when you put the new sink in?'

Asked why? and was told BG needed to replace a part and need to turn the water off . Then said where stop c*ck was they said had tried but was jammed etc But thats not reason for post

Said to them well if the handle wont move there will always be the stop c*ck by the pavement they suggested this to the BG man and he said that if he turned off the water at this stopcock that he would then have to get the water board out to turn the supply back on again !!!!

Anyone here ever heard of anything like this

This some new reg?

Havent got the full story yet aparently he didnt have the part after all and will be back tom. for round two

Steve

Reply to
steve

I may well be wrong but the I beleive that the pavement stop c*ck is offically only for the water company to operate. This is one of those rules (like informing the water company of inpending work) that is generally over looked.

I have never heard of only being able to use it to turn the water off! There again I may be wrong.

Reply to
Ed Sirett