Some good news and some bad news

I'll throw in my 2c worth.

Most great artists that we revere from the past were not recognised in theior lifetimes.

Mosat great art is considered great because it shows two things togther

- a design that speaks to all of us, and a degree of craftsmanship hat allows the message to become clear.

I would maintain that art that speaks only to a minority, or indeed only to a single person - the artist himself - and is not exexcuted with any degree of craftmanship, will not become great - and indeed anyone who finds they have a paid a fortune for a shed full of it, might well be tempted to torch it in a falling mareket.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mary Fisher" saying something like:

You can't deny most of it was pretentious nonsense, though.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

The man wins a coconut.

"An insurance job", was my first thought on seeing the footage of the aftermath of the blaze.

No, tell a lie, my first thought was something along the lines of "I hope they got it all".

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Nick Brooks saying something like:

LOL! Excellent.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

And a significant proportion of the public have now woken up to the fact

Reply to
geoff

(We had a labrador called Louis. Odd coincidence.)

It's said that Picasso went to the local carpenter and said "Can you make me a wardrobe like this?" and gave him a sketch of what he wanted.

"Yes, certainly", said the carpenter.

"How much?"

"Oh, I'll do it for free... if you sign the sketch."

Reply to
tersono

In message , Peter Taylor writes

S'OK, I bought some blank cassettes today - I have it 207 times over

"OK kids, of you don't go to sleep T E will be round to tuck you in ..."

Reply to
geoff