some feedback..

Recently posted a couple of questions in here during my cloakroom decoration. Thought I'd post a few observations.

Good tips I picked up along the way:-

SDS drill was great for removing tile cement.

I bought a cheapo £25 Plasplugs diamond wheel tile cutter

- a recommended bargain Cuts porcelain tiles a treat.

Use a crayon to mark your lines, preferably one that contrasts in colour to the tile - shows up in all the water like Moses parting the red sea.

Cutting holes in porcelain tiles however, is a complete bastard. Not so easy even with a diamond tipped bit.

I used Schluter Ditra matting directly onto floorboards as a substrate beneath my porcelain floor tiles instead of marine ply / concrete backer board etc. Not recommended method by the website but recommended by my local tile shop. Seems to have worked very well and no step-up as you walk into the room.

Flexible soil pipe pan connectors are a pain, dunno why but mine kept slipping off the loo. Junked it in the end and bought an elbow.

Check the area under new sinks or bidets where the waste goes as soon as you get them. It's a pain to get a new one some months after purchase. I had a poor finish under my bidet and had to resort to LSX.

Wastes meant for Designer 'chrome' bottle traps may not fit an ordinary plastic bottle trap.

Reply to
blackbat

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:05:42 +0100, blackbat mused:

Definitely the best thing you've done on the project (bar not fitting a Saniflo).

Reply to
Lurch