solved sticking wirquin flush valve

I've solved my wirquin sticking flush valve. There is a little bit of plastic that is supposed to catch until the float drops down with reducing water level and pulls the catch free. When the float drops, the catch releases and the outlet valve is allowed to drop, stopping the flow. The little catch along with the float was getting stuck in the "up" position and not dropping with the water level, so the outlet valve stayed open and water trickled continuously into the pan. SWMBO could for some reason not hear this trickle ;-) Anyway, all it needed was a very small bit of lead to weight the float so it always pulls free from the catch. Too much weight and you only ever got a half flush since the float dropped too soon. Just the right amount and ... sorted. Hope that helps anyone with a similar problem. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson