Solid or Hollow Blocks

Hi. I'll be hiring a brickie to rebuild the rear wall of my back yard. The existing double leaf brick wall has a few degrees of tilt affecting it. So ...hollow or solid?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
artbag10

If the existing wall is tilted, it indicates the footings have shifted/failed. This means the wall will have to be demolished and the existing footing ripped up and dug out until firm subsoil has been reached & new footing installed Maybe the new footing will have to be wider/thicker. No point in using hollow blocks. Either one brick thick or maybe half brick+piers at interavsls. Depends on height.

Expensive job.

Reply to
harryagain

Or deeper - 1 metre deep should do it. :)

Retaining wall?

Reply to
GB