Sole Trader business software . anyone?

In article , Mike P the 1st scribeth thus

Anyone you know who can make a recommendation?..

Perhaps she does a lot of builders.. You know, "make a start" sod off on umpteen other jobs .. then you have to shout at them to come back and finish off the "start" they made;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Nightjar

Reply to
tony sayer

where did i recommend it? Why would I recommend it?

I (and gasp *even* you) don't know the details of the OP's business - it's upto him to investigate these things and see if they are any use

*to him*.... see other posters successfully using software that *you* reckon is no good cos it's unsupported.....

Why did you recommend (oops "mention" then) something you have (by your own usual half-witted admission) *no experience* with?

I bet you wait til the green man shows before crossing the road don't ya?

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

QuickBooks, which I have used for 15 years in UK and Australian versions has an optional audit trail and allows you to go back and correct errors without needing to make a correcting journal entry. My UK accountant was quite relaxed about this, pointing out that if I was on the fiddle the most likely way would be through making cash sales and just never putting them into the accounts in the first place.

Big plus of QB was switching accountants to one who could just take a copy of my QB file and work from this - halved my accountancy bill.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Sorry, but no matter how low I stoop I could not possibly reach the depth of your ignorance. Once again, I suggest you should try adult education classes, because you surely need them.

Reply to
Bruce

avoiding the issues as usual bruce? quitter

Reply to
JimK

In message , Mike P the 1st writes

There is no place for someone in that business nowadays who doesn't have a computer and internet link

I bloody well hope so

Reply to
geoff

The only "issue" here is that your profound ignorance, coupled with your arrogance, makes any intelligent discussion impossible.

Reply to
Bruce

troll

Reply to
JimK

OI!

Do you two want to get a room, or something ?

Reply to
geoff

Here you're liable to an on the spot fine if you don't and a police officer spots you. And, yes, they do hand them out periodically.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Reply to
Nightjar

You are still taxed unless you've found a way around that, if so e-mail ASAP please;)..

Colin Bignell

Reply to
tony sayer

I note that is a Daily Mail story (ie probably fiction).

Reply to
Howard Neil

In article , Howard Neil scribeth thus

I'm 99% sure I saw that on the BBC and or the Times .. so?...

Suppose the incoming PM is going to need all he cash he can get .. and more;(...

Reply to
tony sayer

If you look at the HMRC web site, the draft legislation is entitled 'deliberate wrongdoing by tax agents'. So, you not only need to be a professional advisor to be affected, you also need to be involved in wrongdoing, which has always been construed as tax evasion, rather than tax avoidance.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

So far as income tax is concerned, that is simple. Just ensure your earnings are no more than the personal allowance.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

However it originated with Ann Redstone who is usually pretty clued up on this sort of thing.

Here from the horses mouth:

The next logical step would be thought crime!

Reply to
John Rumm

Alas the devil is in the detail as ever. They are defining a "tax agent" as anyone they fancy basically:

"Tax agent

2 (1) A person is a tax agent if the person assists another person (a 'client') with the client's tax affairs. (2) A person may be a tax agent even if (a) the assistance is given free of charge, (b) the assistance is given otherwise than in the course of business, (c) the assistance is given indirectly to the client or at the request of someone other than the client, or (d) the assistance is not given specifically to assist with the clientís tax affairs, but the person giving the assistance knows it will be used, or is likely to be used, for that purpose.

(3) Assistance with a client's tax affairs includes assistance with any document that is likely to be relied on by HMRC to determine the client's tax position. (4) Assistance with a client's tax affairs also includes (a) advising a client in relation to tax, and (b) acting or purporting to act as agent on behalf of a client in relation to tax. (5) If a client is assisted by more than one individual in a firm or business, each individual may be regarded as a separate tax agent."

Wrongdoing is:

"Deliberate wrongdoing

3 (1) A tax agent engages in deliberate wrongdoing if, with respect to the tax affairs of one or more clients (a) the tax agent does an act that is capable (directly or indirectly) of bringing about a loss of tax, and (b) the act is done deliberately, with the intention of bringing about such a loss. (2) It does not matter whether a loss is actually brought about."

and finally "loss of tax":

"'Loss of tax' means loss of revenue from tax, and includes a loss involving a relief, deduction, repayment or credit of any kind."

Oh and just in case you thought this might get any parliamentary scrutiny:

"(6) An order under this section is to be made by statutory instrument."

Reply to
John Rumm

Not true. Read the draft itself.

Not true. Read the draft.

It's frightening in its scope, regardless of the supposedly limited intent.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q