Soldering Iron for Computer Cables

Same here. Biggest problem is moving the clip, if it's been on a while.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've had a few Anthrax irons, but have never been impressed - the elements seemed prone to early failure. But the bits were easy to change.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

And you need a soldering iron to change them...

However I use low voltage ones and the life is fine - they're designed for pro use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

All I can say is I'm _really_ pleased my University went to the expense of proper temperature controlled irons (Weller TCP's), or I might not have found out how much nicer a professional iron is to use than those cheap irons, and might not have then bought a Weller TCP for myself.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

True the temp controlled are better, especially those with a display. The antex ones we use are temperature controlled although at a fixed temperature, whereas the better ones are variable.

Reply to
whisky-dave