Soldering copper pipe

========================================= If you're making joints 'in situ' get a piece of fairly strong metal sheet about 12" square to place behind the joint. This has the double advantage of protecting surrounding woodwork and throwing some of the heat from the torch on to the back of the joint. You can buy special cloths to do this but a rigid piece of metal (which can be bent to fit) works best for me.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

There's loads of demos on YouTube, but a lot of them seem a bit too American. Maybe I can't get YouTube to do UK searches properly.

-- JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

And my 4 year old daughter was so impressed with the shiny pipe that she nicked it and took it to school this morning as part of a "Bob the Builder" thing they've got going at the moment.

Praise indeed :)

hehe

Reply to
Tim S

This was the first I found ..No heat soldering

this with a bit more heat
too failed to find any ones made in the U.K. there must be some somewhere

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

Claims to be WRAS approved. BTW - it is sold in the UK.

hacksaw to fix a tap washer? OK, she's Dribble's sister and I claim my £5

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

I am on my second blue one in a few years, so not doing too badly so far. Having said that, I expect if it were used weekly it would not last that long. I will try the metal one next time I replace it.

Reply to
John Rumm