Soldering - clearance from plastic pipes

Thought I posted this last night - apologies if I did and it's here twice.

What do people think a safe length of copper pipe between a blow torch and a plastic pushfit fitting is? I'm going to have plastic in the ceilings with a copper stub coming down - the plasterer reckons 6" will be ok. I'm worried that I will stuff up the (inaccessible) fitting when I solder on the rest of the pipe. Am I being paranoid? Will a wet rag around the pipe suffice?

Reply to
Nutkey

Nutkey was thinking very hard :

6" with a good and wet rag fastened at the top, will prevent the heat travelling up beyond it providing you do the joint in a reasonable time.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You appear to be using google groups which has not been functioning for a while. In the hope that you see this post, try a free newserver (e.g. eternal september) and thunderbird and you will see that your previous post received three replies (as of now).

Reply to
Geo