Solar electrical water heating

Yet again you assume that I don't know the science and show that you don't. Just because it is beyond your ability to understand doesn't mean other can't. As it happens I have no arguments against the science, I do have arguments against the data and the conclusions drawn from that data. However you don't appear to be able to grasp such a simple idea.

As I said show me some data to backup your claims, not some scientific mumbo jumbo that you don't understand and that doesn't have any data in it to backup the conclusions. You can go and look at any of the graphs and see that temp rises lead the CO2 increase if you actually look. Also you can plot the infamous hockey stick graph for CO2 at different altitudes and get very different graphs.

Now if you can explain why I will be more than happy to listen....

All you have done so far is quote meaningless junk without any substance.. the sort of science intended for politicians and Sun readers.

Next year you will be here telling everyone that GW isn't going to be as catastrophic as everyone thought, the GW crowd have already started to move this way in their press releases if you read them.

Reply to
dennis

They were the ones with the big crest on the top of their skull?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I thought it was a well known troll "hadron quark". I can't imagine what would happen if there were a large one to collide.

Reply to
dennis

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:33:56 +0100 someone who may be "dennis@home" wrote this:-

Yawn. Once again a personal attack instead of discussing the issue. This may fool some people, but it doesn't fool many. Do keep it up.

Time will tell. Feel free to make a note of the date in your diary if you wish. In a year's time please return to your assertion and we will see whether you were right or not.

Personally I would be delighted to discover that climate change isn't as bad as is currently feared.

Reply to
David Hansen

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember David Hansen saying something like:

"Why any of you think scientists should bother to try and dig humanity out of the hole it has created for itself, beats me.

When you have finished restoring the atmosphere to the state it was in ~300 million BC, you will soon be gone, and the scene will be set for the return of the dinosaurs: the true Earthlings.

You are in a hole humans: keep digging!

Saurus"

Silly reptiles - the true Earthlings are the amoeba, from Mars.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

One of Drivel's heatbanks?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The trouble with You David, is that just because you believe in global warming, which I agree is bad news, is happening, and is in fact largely down to human activity (though not completely by any means) doesn't mean that your opinions are worth a damn when it comes to doing something about it, - an area which only half a handful of scientists - as opposed to tree and bunny huggers, politicians, and marketing businesses.. and the like - have actually addressed themselves to, and whose opinions you roundly dismiss on what appears to be a position based entirely on faith and prejudice.

I.e. you are a proponent of what I have come to term 'Ecobollox'. A collection of fatuous and impressive sounding solutions that do no more than soothe peoples fears, and do not even begin to address the basic problem: Namely that we haven't a cat's chance in hell of surviving at existing populations densities using so called 'alternativce energy' methodologies.

In shorty we have three possible alternatives. We carry on burning oil and die from climate related issues, we die from lack of energy, or we build a shitload of nuclear power stations.

When you do the actual real-world sums*, that's the three solutions that exist.

Continuing to use fossil fuel means in reality that we are at the mercy of not only the climate, but the Russians and Arabs as well.

Pinning our faith in solar panels and windmills is simply a drowning man clutching at straw. What we need is a bloody great lifeboat. That's nuclear.

*Something I know you struggle with, but here are adult education classes available according to a ghastly TV advert I saw recently.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes yet again *you* question my ability to understand the science and interpret the data, you really are a boring old fart that just repeats the same cr@p over and over again. And rather than actually try and prove anything you say you just choose to say everyone is attacking you. Well that just shows how pathetic you are. Nothing personal other than that's what I think of you ATM.

Reply to
dennis

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 15:10:26 +0100 someone who may be The Natural Philosopher wrote this:-

Yawn. Once again a personal attack instead of discussing the issue. This may fool some people, but it doesn't fool many. Do keep it up.

Reply to
David Hansen

You don't have to keep posting to tell us what you are doing.. it is very obvious that /you/ are only capable of personal attacks.

Reply to
dennis

Ah. I thought from your posts that this was exactly what you would be expecting. I have always found it instructive to play games by the same rules that the opponent seems to. They never like it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Show and tell time: publications, patents, profitable inventions, appearances on Scrapyard Challenge, edifices bigger than a garden shed, or even a photo of you and your art car at Burning Man? Do you actually _do_ anything?

You contributions here aren't idiotic (you're not Drivel), but your explanations of things like convection currents around downlighters are _not_ convincing as the writing of someone who has any real understanding of how stuff works.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I did have some patents to my name, they have now expired. Where are yours as you raise the question?

How about my design of a hardware improvement to System X increasing the call setup through put of the exchanges by a factor of five? Is that profitable enough for you? How many millions in profit are you responsible for? Have you ever wondered why the System X exchange is the fastest exchange in the world according to Guinness?

Try putting it into a computer model and then prove I was wrong about the convection currents. Its you that has no understanding of things AFAICS.

BTW even if it was wrong, it was more than you contributed and was a viable theory based on the information. Unlike you I am quite happy to be wrong sometimes, if you are never wrong you have never done anything. You just accept it and fix it. I don't think I ever made a mistake that cost more than £2M, I think I may have made one that cost £1M but that's life. My overall profits far exceeded that loss.

Reply to
dennis

They're on espacenet of course. Try a search

Was that the wire-wrap construction that radiated RFI like Fylingdales, or the in-rack batteries that wafted a corrosive miasma over it all (which the wire-wrap just _loved_)? Funny thing is, Cambridge and Woodbridge were a bit before my time, but I did work briefly at Hale.

Bollocks! Do Ericsson or Lucent know this? No doubt this is why System X is still selling so well...

Mind you, I'm curious that Guinness even measure such things.

Reply to
Andy Dingley