Soil pipe through wall

This soil pipe is so close to the wall that the 90 degree bend is going be half-buried in the pebbledash for the pipe passing through the wall to be perpendicular:

I'm concerned that's going to look a bit of a botch (although anything would be an improvement on the putty holding a plastic pipe at a wonky angle into a steel stack that was there before).

Is there a neater solution?

Reply to
mike

I don't think so. My gut feel is that the messiest bit will be the fact that you will have some new pebbledash around the pipe, and new peppledash *always* looks messy.

I think the whole joint will end up buried, so it will just be a smooth pipe coming out of the wall and curving round.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

can you do a solvent-weld joint so it is then Ok to bury it in the wall?

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

That would be my appraoch - you can get 1/2SW_1/2PF (half pushfit, half solvent) elbows so you could keep the pushfit on the exposed side just in case.

And yes, it's fine to bury SV in the wall.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know solvent-weld soil pipe parts existed and Toolstation/Screwfix don't seem to have them. If I can get one easily I might do that; otherwise, Martin's scenario sounds like a good solution,

Reply to
mike

Go to the Floplast website and pull their PDF catalogue - they do most things 110. Once you have a part number, a google search will turn up a merchant.

This would work:

Coupled (sorry) with this to do the joint in the wall:

kinda thing...

Or

if you don't mind committing to having the sideways stub outside welded on too.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

Or:

with a push fit socketed pipe outside (or a straight pushfit coupler).

That's just Floplast - you may find that Marley or one of the other manufacturers have some more easily obtainable things.

Reply to
Tim Watts