Soil pipe of elliptical or rectangular cross section. To fit within stud 70mm wall spacing. Does such a product exist?

I want to place the soil pipe from the back of a WC pan within the

70mm gap in a stud wall.

Is anyone aware of a manufacturer that makes a suitable pipe which will be equivalent to a 10cm regular pipe but of an elliptical or rectangular cross section?

Reply to
Peter

Maybe you could use a macerator behind the WC, then you can use 32mm pipe.

Reply to
kmillar

On 24 Jan 2005 14:45:16 -0800, "kmillar" strung together this:

Don't be a tit. That's the worst thing anyone could ever put in their home.

Reply to
Lurch

Don't know what configuration you have but can't you 'part-bury' a regular soil pipe within the stud wall, then build boxing aroud the part which protrudes (ie 30mm or so?)

David

Reply to
Lobster

If I cannot locate a narrower, or flatter, soil pipe then this will be my only option.

However, I am sure such a pipe must exist. Maybe I could make one by stretching a standard size pipe over a heater!

The inside diameter of the WC pan connection is only 72mm so even a correspondingly dimensioned pipe should not present any technical problems and would fit within my wall cavity.

I just can't find a manufacturer/supplier though.

Reply to
Peter

In the UK the Building Regulations require that branch pipework for WC's should be a minimum diameter of 100mm if the WC outlet is greater than 80mm diameter, or 75.3mm if the WC outlet is less than 80mm diameter.

In reality, the smallest pipework available in the UK for WC branches is

82mm diameter. 82mm soil pipe and fittings are stocked at some plumbers' merchants.

The reasoning behind these branch pipe dimensions it to ensure that pipes are of an adequate size to take the discharge from the WC without blocking. The Building Regulations Approved Document H - Drainage & Waste Disposal can be found here: -

only real alternative to standard sized soil pipe is to use a macerator/pump, from which the discharge pipe can be considerably smaller (down to 22mm in some cases), however it is probably worth reading up on others experiences with these devices. One such is here.: -

Hepworth Plumbing Products Team

-- Tel: +44 (0)1709 856 300 |Hepworth Plumbing Products Fax: +44 (0)1709 856 301 |Edlington Lane, Edlington Email: snipped-for-privacy@hepworthplumbing.co.uk |Doncaster, UK

|DN12 1BY

Reply to
Hepworth Plumbing Team

This all sounds promising.

The internal diameter of my wc pan spigot is 77mm and outside diameter is 107mm. It's an Ideal Standard design called 'Compact'. So from what you say I can use an 82mm soil pipe.

I think I can just about squeeze 82mm pipe between the plasterboards of the stud wall. Now I just need to track down a supplier of the parts.

Reply to
Peter