software and bathrooms

is there any software available for designing bathrooms ?

I plan to split ours to create an en-suite for one bedroom but am having trouble with the design the room is currently 2500 * 2900 and would be split into...

800 * 2900 1600 *2900 allowing for a 100mm dividing wall

or possibly take a 1200 * 1200 (roughly) block out of a corner to create an L shaped main bathroom

I've discussed it with the local estate agent and she says it's a good idea and would definitely add more value than it would cost

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Reply to
In2Minds

Hah! Too much television.

Reply to
usenet

This I have found to be brilliant - it covers Kitchens and Bathrooms

30 day trial but allows saving and printing

Supposed to be commercial use, but very easy to get on with

Vass

I've decided that 800mm would be too narrow for my ensuite and have plumped for 900mm. Luckily my hallway is exactly 900mm wide, so I was able to mock it up when the suite arrived. 900mm is reasonably comfortable, given that the basin will be opposite the door, giving extra room for the posterior. However, 800mm would probably be too narrow. Although 800mm is doable for the toilet, you'd need to find an extra shallow hand basin.

If you went for 900mm, I reckon you could make a bathroom out of the remaining 1500x2900, especially as the master bedroom has an en-suite.

It might be possible to shorten the en-suite by a small amount. I can't remember how long toilets are to check, though. It might not fit. This could provide a valuable cupboard either for a hot water cylinder (if needed) or for towel/toiletries storage for the main bathroom.

800 600 900 600

+-------+ +-------+----+ | | | |TOILET SHOWER |C/B?| | | | 900 | BASIN | |

+---------+----+-------+ + 100 | TOILET | | | 800 | | | +-----------------+ | | | | | BATH | 700 | | | +-+ +-+-----------------+ 1200 1700

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

hovering 200mm above it but it's very easy to use, highly intuitive to the point of not having to refer to the manaul and getting a 3D representation of my kitchen within half an hour of just fiddling about with it.

does bathrooms, too. obv.

Reply to
.

I like this online one...

Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

There's plenty of CAD-like stuff which would help with the layout - but that's the easy bit anyway, and can just as easily be done on the back of an envelope.

The tricky bit is sorting the plumbing - particularly routing the toilet waste to the soil stack - taking account of joist positions, etc. It would probably take longer to model that with software than it would to do it!

Reply to
Set Square

This

also good

Reply to
emma

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

you cant its against the regs. ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

you need a wall, then select the CONSTRAINTS and pick a window

make sure you put the shelf on the inside

Reply to
Vass

sorry, no idea. as I said: I didn't RTFM and only played with it for half an hour or so.

Reply to
.

that's a very good point, well made. often the poo stack will dictate at least which side of the room the loo goes on and that in turn will affect the layout.

my father in law has done several self builds / £200K+ refurbs using a drawing board, an A2 graph paper pad and a few rotring pens.

Reply to
.

There's a cure for that.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

maybe so !

/goes off to paint the kitchen ceiling

Reply to
.

And it also makes plumbing for the shower a bit easier as well!

Wot no basin in the bathroom?

Reply to
John Rumm

I left it to the imagination of the reader.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

it does, the soil pipe is at the back of the room above floor level so any toilets have to be on that wall

Reply to
In2Minds