Sofa Workshop in Administration

Having made such a killing on my new kitchen when MFI went into administration I have been on the look out for more companies going bust

Sofa Workshop went under on Friday! So like a vulture I shall descend ...

Its a bit of a drive to Norwich though so before I set out, has anyone spotted a sofa workshop over the weekend and if so are they selling everything off at bargain basement prices?

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

have you checked to see whether they have a website still working?

Reply to
Clot

The website has been taken down and a message from the administrator posted in its place

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Pedigree Dog Foods are in trouble as well...

They have had to call in the retrievers...

I'll get me coat.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

lol .... that one made me howl ..... lol.

Wavey Dave

Reply to
Dave

After the way I have been treated by Howdens today, I wouldnt be surprised to hear that they are going under soon, the staff really couldnt give a toss. Suffice to say, I will not be dealing with them again after this job is finished. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Oh good I will keep an eye open :-) I now have a list of the other things I will need for the kitchen and Howdens look like they are just the people to suppliy them!

Homebase looks like it is on its last legs too. Loads of vacant warehouse space in the one I was in the other day

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

The one I use looked like that all through the boom period too. Not been in there recently. Last time I went in to buy a loo seat as they had ones with stainless steel hinges. Not any more, just expensive loo seats with crappy chromium plate hinges. Walked out.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Dave! You shithouse! You made my heart drop there! (New puppy, coming next week, is being weaned on Pedigree food...)

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

I wouldn't be surprised. Homebase (like Woolies) haven't known what they were about for many years now.

It's a long time since their glory days, when I worked there. (It was "Texas" then...)

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson