Sofa - Skin problems - Watchdog

The programme showed a sofa having the bottom hessian stuff removed to expose a sachet of the harmful stuff.

In view of this I was wondering about checking a couple of leather settees that my daughter has. Does anyone know if removing the sachet of fungicide is sufficient? She isn't experiencing a problem - but I am thinking better safe than sorry.

Is it worth doing?

(Apologies if this appears twice. It didn't appear on my Outlook)

Reply to
John

It DID appear first time .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Suggestion, you (and others who can't see their own posts) could always check in Google Groups, e.g.

(Even if it is detested for various reasons, this is a function it performs quite well most of the time.)

Reply to
Rod

One of the few virtues of Google Groups .!!

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

If the sofa has become saturated with the fungicide then I don't think just removing the sachet would be a safe long-term solution. I don't know how long it takes for symptoms to appear but if they are fairly new I would be asking for a refund/replacement on the grounds the product has a manufacturing defect.

For the first 6 months after purchase it's up to the retailer to prove the product does *not* have a defect.

Owain

Or get rid of Outlook Express which tends to be the main culprit for these events.

Reply to
Adrian C

Works fine for me. Of course if you don't understand the settings then you can c*ck up with any newsreader. It's a bit unfair to blame OE just because it's not idiot-proof. It doesn't "eat" posts or otherwise make them magically disappear.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie