Sodium Chlorate ban

when I see him again;!..

Got anything good for Arthritis;?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Dave, that isn't evidence.

Reply to
Huge

There's plenty out there, but the most basic fact is that the body excretes excess salt via the kidneys.

Not evidence but

is a good start.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

> No, Dave, that isn't evidence.

You would have to read it of course.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I think I'd take more notice of a proper clinical trail tho..

Not that I'm 'agin any alternatives though. For instance there has been a decent bit of research into alternative, shall we say "natural therapies" for arthritis, which was commissioned by the arthritis research campaign its here if its any use to anyone.

I've for instance noticed that rose hips help my condition a bit:)..

if there was anything similar for hypertension then I'd be interested but over time I've found that smaller amounts of different drugs do have better benefits ..

Reply to
tony sayer

>>> No, Dave, that isn't evidence.

If you think brightly coloured comics with scarey headlines are evidence, you're even dumber than I think you you are.

Reply to
Huge

Have you read it? Clearly not since you are incapable of even understanding the title. Whoosh!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

my Dad was in the navy in the tropics they'd put people on a charge for not taking their salt tablets.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Yes different circumstances dontcha think?..

Reply to
tony sayer

I doubt the salt tablets were sodium chlorate, which is usually used as a weed killer. mark

Reply to
mark

Indeed. However, both the link and the Navy in the tropics demonstrate that too low sodium in your diet can be lethal. I'll admit it's rare in this climate, with the usual UK diet of high salt manufactured food; but anyone digging a pond (or anything else suitably energetic) in the middle of summer should be aware of it.

The govt. propagandists don't seem to like to mention one other point:

but one of many articles pointing out that there's a racial factor in salt intolerance.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Pah - enough weak beer does the job

Done enough hard physical work in equatorial regions and never had a problem

Reply to
geoff

Two different compunds

Sodium Chlor_ate_ is commonly used as a weedkiller but can be used to make an explosive mix.

Sodium chlor_ide_ is otherwise known as common salt. This is the 'salt' you put on food and is what would be in the salt tablets. The bdy needs sodium chloride to function but it is lost in sweat so in areas where peple sweat heavily, it is given as a supplement. Too much can contribute to raised blood pressure.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

Not as rare as you think. I live with a low salt diet. In the hot months I regularly find that I have denied my body of salt and have to drink a high salt drink, such as Bovril.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thats well know on most sites on the net especially American ones.

But different race's have different problems because of who they are, their genetic make up, and where they live and that can be diet and such..

No danger of a lack of salt in the UK thats for sure;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

It's called thread drift :)

BTW I think you'll find NaCl is one of the breakdown products of the typical NaClO3 + (whatever the sugar is) reaction.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ