Sockets dead but RCD not tripped?

Every socket outlet in our 3 year old house has just died but none of the 3 breakers marked 'sockets' has tripped.
I've cycled the whole unit with no effect. Lights, boiler, everything else is fine.
Any ideas as to what/where the problem could lie?
Thank goodness for laptops, Bluetooth and GPRS....
Does the power get as far as the RCD, or is it a fuse/join further up stream?
Colin

3

Is this a split load unit? The RCD may have tripped or failed. The little breakers you mention aren't RCDs, but MCBs. The RCD would be a wider unit with a button marked 'T' for test. There will probably only be one of them, unless you have a very modern installation (i.e. RCBOs or 100mA Type S/TT).
Christian.

Indeed. The wife was having a blonde moment. Thanks to all who replied.