Socket Template

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Brilliant

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Okay.... I gave them your code, and they found it on the system, so they've ordered one now. Thanks :)

jamie.

Reply to
jamie powell

Few people are stupid enough to smile smugly when someone hits them where it hurts, but Dave Plowfool evidently is. I bet he does the same thing when all his botched DIY projects collapse round his ears, probably blaming the failures on his tools.

Reply to
jamie powell

Huh? Is this one of those jokes that old people get, but young people don't?

Reply to
jamie powell

Come, come jamie! If you're cleverer than all of uk.tech.digital-tv put together, surely you can work it out?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Typical jamie. The majority on here have told him there are better ways to do the job than the way he wants to. But as usual, he knows best.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

These do (for red bricks and mortar at least). The plastic guide is long and fairly strong, probably of glass-filled nylon, so it does guide the drillbit fairly well. Also one's using a masonry bit with blunt flutes, not a jobber's twist drill, so it's not going to cut into the plastic very well.

One thing I do remember is that they needed a masonry drill where the tip insert was no bigger than the flutes (this varies with brand), so that the guides could actually guide it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Bet you can't find where I claimed I do or did.

You're probably too young to understand.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Yet more Plowfool-generated noise and (as always) on topics about which he knows nothing. When will Plowfool learn to acquire clue before opening mouth I wonder. He should obey his family namesake and stick to pulverising soil on the farm, though ideally in a remote location, where his plow won't break anything due to user error.

Reply to
jamie powell

How old do you have to be in order to be classed as old?

Two definitions here

Any teenager could tell you that.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'm only one year out of my teens, and I've never heard this very dirty expression before now.

This might be because I'm middle class, but I think it's more likely that your repertoire of slang is just "knocking on a bit". :p

Reply to
jamie powell

I find that unlikely. You should be an expert on this subject by now.

You need to get laid.

Some advice here.

ARWadsworth

The subject isn't the issue. Your outdated slang is the issue. It's like if someone started using 1920s slang in a conversation with you - you'd be lost for the most part.

Reply to
jamie powell

Getting laid with Mrs Palmer and her five daughters does not count as losing your virginity.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Why not get John Gielgud to install your new sockets for you?

ARWadsworth

Reply to
jamie powell

And you have no perception of real life.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

And you base this sweeping observation solely on the fact that I hadn't heard your outdated slang expression before. Are you by any chance a garden gnome which has mysteriously come to life, yet remained true-to-character?

Reply to
jamie powell

jamie powell wibbled on Friday 26 February 2010 18:59

Not necessarily exclusive ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts