Socket & Switch 'Borders'

I'm sure I've seen these, but can't find them in the sheds.

Its a metal or plastic frame that fits around the outside of a flush mount socket or switch - they were available in various finishes. The idea was that if replacing old sockets with new & the new one was smaller, you could fit these to make up the difference.

Any ideas?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's where I saw them - B&Q

The ones I saw were wood.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They use that kind of fitting in caravans although they are all a creamy colour. You might find them in a caravan dealers. As I recall, the sockets are made by Clipsal so I assume that they also provide the surrounds.

John Miller

Reply to
John Miller

Woolworth used to sell them. More really to protect surrounding wallpaper from finger marks since switches have been a fairly standard size for quite some time. Only ever seen them in one gang, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)