Soap scum/lime scale - resists all known treatments

Sulphamic acid is better for the clueless, or for anyone not wishing to have their lungs and eyes blasted with hydrochloric, or indeed anyone who isn't trying to prove how hunky they are.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Thanks for all the suggestions - even the "Texas Angle-Grinder Massacre" and "Friends of Dr. Crippen" ones.

I'll try the least aggressive recommendations first (bearing in mind that a shower enclosure typically is erected in close proximity to aluminum, grout and glazed ceramics) moving up to diluted battery acid in due course!

But seriously - thank you.

Reply to
me here

I was rather assuming it would be applied selectively, not sprayed over eveything

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Drips!

Reply to
me here

AIUI not all products described as stainless steel are actually made from stainless steel.

ISTR mention being made of something called "Chromium Iron" amongst others.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

...careless

NT

Reply to
meow2222

There are different mixes for different purposes, and you need to compromise on the set of properties you want. E.g. the most stainless types are useless for sharp blades.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Chrome iron, IIRC, is about 18% chromium; ferritic st. st. (the simplest type) is about 10 - 25% Cr and is the cheapest. It does tarnish - nickel is used to stop that. We used 18% CrFe at work for Rolls Royce wheel trim - then loadsaplating.

PeterC